The Social Sciences Research and Instructional Council (SSRIC) is offering stipends for CSU faculty and advanced graduate students to attend courses in the 2018 Summer Program presented by the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR). The stipend will pay the course fee for either a four-week session in Ann Arbor, Michigan, or a short (three-to-five-day) Statistical Workshop at any location. For information about the ICPSR Summer Program, including the course descriptions, schedule, and locations, please visit the ICPSR website at http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/sumprog/
In allocating stipends, priority will be given to faculty from CSU campuses with currently active subscriptions to the SSRIC. Successful applicants will demonstrate how their attendance at the Summer Program will enhance both the teaching and research missions of the CSU. Scholars who have already registered for the 2018 Summer Program are welcome to apply for the stipend.
How to apply for a stipend: To apply for the stipend, please complete the application at https://tinyurl.com/ICPSR-Workshops-2018
You will be asked to provide the following:
- Your name and affiliation
- The title and date of the course you intend to take
- The location where the course will be held
- The registration fee for the workshop
- A clear statement of how the course will benefit your research and teaching
Stipend application deadlines:
- For four-week sessions: the registration fee increases on May 1. In order for applicants to know before then whether they have received a stipend, the application deadline is April 8, 2018. Applicants will be notified by April 15 whether they will receive a stipend.
- For short workshops: there is no date on which fees increase. The application deadline is May 1. Applicants will be notified by May 8 whether they will receive a stipend.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Den Hartog at email@example.com or 805-756-2975.
Last updated: February 26, 2018