- Teaching Resources
- The Council
2008-10-03: Fall 2008
Minutes – October 3, 2008 (DRAFT)
San Jose State University
Members in attendance: Kathy Naff (SF), John Korey (Pomona), Rhonda Dugan (Bakersfield), Pat Jennings (East Bay), Billy Wagner (Channel Islands), Stafford Cox (LB), Greg Bohr (SLO), Gene Turner (Northridge), Steve Routh (Stanislaus), Ellen Berg (Sacramento), Lori Weber(Chico), Matt Jarvis (Fullerton), Gilbert Garcia (LA)
Meeting called to order: 9:40 AM
1. Agenda approved, minutes from Spring 08 meeting approved.
2. The next ICPSR OR meeting will be October 8-10, 2009. The CSU has 5 slots, but travel $ is very limited. Priority list and how to
3. Lori – ICPSR council update – still have the $2000 for CSU federation to support travel to summer program. Money for other single institutions has been pulled, so attention needs to be paid to maintaining this small amount for CSU federation.
4. Final Budget – subscriptions are in from all campuses except
5. Annual utilization report - #s are down this year
6. Workshop schedule (Faculty education outreach program(FEOP) schedule): Lori suggested having template flyers or letters advertising FEOP up on the website so hosting representatives could use them to advertise their own workshops – **reps should send any existing materials to Lori for her to compile
7. Website – Andrew Rodrick joined for a little over an hour
8. The DIVA committee was established: Lori, Kathy, and Matt.
9. Pat Jennings agreed to be the ICPSR summer coordinator (“czar”)
10. John gave Field Committee Report
Field workshop is Dec 12 in
Outside committee members have agreed to continue for another year.
11. Kathy reported on CO: Need to look for another source of funds in CO
12. Lori is going to develop a proposal to submit to Elizabeth Ambos regarding SSRIC’s purpose and potential role in system structure.
13. TRD committee report – no new materials were submitted for TRD; development of modules may not be most helpful resource. Other
14. 2009 Student Research Conference will be held on Friday, May 8 in Sacramento. The business meeting will be Saturday the 9th,
Lori said she would invite Elizabeth Ambos to offer welcoming remarks again this year.
Meeting adjourned – 3:45 PM